Canyoning (known as canyoneering in the U.S.) is traveling in canyons using a variety of techniques that may include other outdoor activities such as walking, scrambling, climbing, jumping,abseiling (rapelling), and/or swimming.
We herewith propose you an amazing canyoning experience, very close from Marbella, through the Guadalmina river from Benahavis village. In beautiful natural surroundings, you will learn the basic progression techniques for canyoning accessible to all. From the start, and always for those who wish to, you will enjoy jumps from different heights to a deep water reservoir in an idyllic location surrounded by mountains. Those who still don´t feel daring enough for the small jumps, will be able to opt for a fun toboggan (…). As we make progress, the gorge will narrow showing us a landscape we could never have imagined.
- Professional and qualified instructor(s)
- Equipment (wetsuit, helmet, harness)
- Photography of the adventure
- Drinks during or after the event
- Special canyoning boots : as far as we know, we are the only company offering special boots for such activities, while these are very important and greatly improve comfort and safety of the participants.
- Transport to/from the place
Thi sparticular canyon is ideal for any profile, from kids to very fit people, as we can easilly adapt our pace and paths to match your canyoning expectations.
This canyoning activity is suitable for anyone above 9 years old, able to swim, and willing to experience a very nice and natural activity near marbella, on the Costa del Sol.
For the ones looking for adrenaline, there are many jumps available, but these are not compulsory so if you are looking for a more "relaxed" activity, it can also be done.
- Welcome and safety briefing
- In the first part, we find a pool where you start getting drenched. Later we will locate a small gap, which will serve to introduce us to a fundamental skill for most of the canyoning, the abseiling.
- The central part of the technical descent is characterized by a kind of slippery rock, where we will implement the type of step that we take when we walk by a river.
- Once past this part, we will find a canyon area, where we have to swim a little. At this point we will discover the true beauty of this sport.